20 March 2011

Excuses, excuses. A likely story, even.

Well, it's been three weeks since my last post. Falling down on those resolutions, but I have a good reason.

I've been really, really, really busy. And it's all work related.

See, after the previously posted-about deposing of my boss someone had to fill the vacuum at least temporarily. So guess who did all the work minus the salary and title? That's right. Me.

But that's okay. We now have a new boss. A better boss. Someone who realizes that our business is dependent on people, both inside and out. And while I'm still doing the job, it's only to transition them into the position so that I can go back to being the hourly support guy. I like being the patch-up guy. I held things together, and now we are on track to repair some damage.

On the news:

Japan may be a major economic power, but holding out donations of kinds based on that is stupid. That would be like saying New Orleans didn't need help after Katrina or the BP incident because they are part of the largest national economy in the world. Even the richest man in the world can trip and fall. Should we just walk on by?

If you said yes, then you are part of the greater problem of the world: ignorance. Ignoring problems and being ignorant of them does not make them go away. The ostrich syndrome only applies to a significant other's past sexual exploits. Even the most extreme of liberal causes have some grain of truth and necessity to them.

You know, now I'm incoherently rambling. Give me another week to get my head on straight. Then we can discuss this in more rational and logical terms.

In honor of the recent St. Patrick's Day holiday and in keeping with promising a fun post last time, I give you dancing monkeys:

No comments: