31 December 2011

One Last Post for 2011, Gratitude All-around!

Well, ladies and gents, to put it mildly it has been one hell of a year.

I got fired, established some incredible working relationships with some awesome people, and managed to get a book deal. With all of that in mind, I believe some heartfelt gratitude is in order before the close of the year.

I would try to include this in the final printed work, but I feel that this would be too long. If there is a thank-you, I will likely make it very all-inclusive and terse. This is the best way I feel I can express my deep sentiments of gratitude in a more specific way.

To the people responsible for my termination: thank you. You freed me to do what I really love, even if it doesn't produce a steady paycheck. You know what they say about doing what you love...

To John, Jen, and D., and Cameron: Thank you for offering me the opportunity to work with you. I have learned so much from all of you. It is a privilege and an honor.

To Jeff: Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

To Kevin: Thanks for starting the Brigade! I enjoy every minute of it!

To all those writers and authors who signed on early for my little anthology project: Thank you for putting your trust in me. You had little to no reason to join me on this venture. I only hope that I can repay that trust in kind in the coming year.

To those who are joining my project now: Thank you. It is incredibly humbling to have so many talented people entrust their work to me.

To Kate and Omnium Gatherum Media: Thank you for taking the chance on this anthology. It is appreciated more than my words can describe here.

To my online friends and acquaintances who have spread the word for my Call for Submissions: You are all amazing! Thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU!

To my family: thank you for everything this year. All you have to do is call, and I will find a way to be there for all of you.

Finally, but certainly not least, to my wife. My Cinnamon Girl. I still have no clue why you married me, but your love and support in these trying times has meant the world to me. By some miracle you've managed to keep this house together with your incredible intelligence and goddess-level multitasking skills, and I hope I let you know everyday how much I love and appreciate you. If I'm failing there, just keep this little note in mind. Believe me, I know I don't deserve you, but I'll try to figure out how to get you that Ferrari eventually. Love you, hon.

With that I bid all of you a Happy New Year! If you have not yet, may you find your bliss as I have. If opportunity comes knocking, let it in and embrace it as you would a loved one.

PS: Be on the lookout for "Death to the Brothers Grimm!" in March of 2012!

1 comment: