04 January 2015

It's Been Too Long...

Two years. Almost two years have passed since I've done anything on this blog. In that time I have met some incredible people, been to some interesting places, become gainfully employed once more, lost a spouse (not by death, or my choice, unfortunately.)  It has been far too long since I've done anything writing related. It hurts.

There is so much I want to say and can't. Partly due to legal ramifications stemming from running one's mouth too much, but mostly because it's just whiny self-pitiful bullshit. But, hey! That's what crappy free internet blogs are for, right?

It's a new year, too. 2015. We've got hoverboards, holographic dead performers, legal weed in some places, and legal same-sex unions, too. On the other hand we still have pop music, reality television, and rebranded internet hoaxes. So yeah, culture is somewhat balanced.

Balanced society or not, I've not come up with any resolutions for this new year. I want to eat better, lose weight, get my own work published, and find a beautiful woman who can deal with my more annoying tendencies. All of which are not likely to happen this year or in the next ten.

Yes, yes, I know I'm being down on myself, but that is how I am. To the outside observer it would appear to be a lack of self-esteem. That's not the case. I'm totally full of myself where it's warranted. Namely in my skills with the written word (criticizing and editing other's work,) and arguing pointless things. Other than that, not too many marketable skills that can increase my cashflow or my romantic pursuits.

But at least I'm trying a little here. A whole blog post! Yay! That's a good start. Then maybe a book review this week. I've purchased and been given so many over the last two years, yet I've not sat down and read them. Which makes me feel like shit. 

And I'm rambling. But I do need to get some sleep. The day job beckons at 5am local. Excuses, excuses. 

But a blog post! That counts for something, right?

No comments: